[Hackrf-dev] latest firmware

William Hill mail at wbh.org
Sat Jul 25 06:57:18 EDT 2015

On 25 Jul 2015, at 00:09, Tom <vsboost at hotmail.com> wrote:

> “To upgrade to this release, you must update libhackrf and hackrf-tools on your
> host computer”
>
> Just wondering what the best way to update libhackrf would be? I can’t remember if I used apt-get install libhackrf-dev initially.

apt-get? So you’re on a debian/ubuntu based linux system. Find out some basics about hackrf:
$ which hackrf_info
That should tell you where the hackrf tools are living; /usr/bin is probably from a package, /usr/local/bin is most likely a source install, but give a check:
$ dpkg -S /usr/bin/hackrf_info
Or whatever path; this command shows you which package, if any, put that binary on the system.
Then you can find what dynamic libraries the binary is using:
$ ldd /usr/bin/hackrf_info
Very often these libraries are not the actual binary files, but symbolic links to them. Trace them back and then “dpkg -S” on the actual library binary and you’ll
know which package it came from.
From a package is easier to upgrade, but can be a bit out of date, from the source and it is all down to you. Or do both and have an inconsistent mess,
which I’ve got to sort out now I’ve found it.
Bill