[Hackrf-dev] Amp On or Off

王康 scateu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 21:13:20 EDT 2015

Actually, you can tune to a FM station nearby, observe the signal
strength with preamp switched on and off,
using `osmocom_fft` or `gqrx`.

If your signal peak become *higher* when preamp is *off*, then the
preamp is definitely blown.

I made some batches of HackRF a year ago, and found that preamp can be
easily damaged even before shipped.
You may buy some preamp components, replace the broken one if needed.