[Hackrf-dev] Amp On or Off

Michael Ossmann mike at ossmann.com
Wed Jul 1 00:24:10 EDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 01, 2015 at 12:03:37PM +1000, Tom wrote:

> I mean is this really the case even though It might me few hundred mhz
> away from a strong transmitting station.

The important thing to realize about safety of the RF amplifier is that
frequency is irrelevant.  The amplifier sees 6+ GHz of bandwidth
regardless of what frequency the HackRF One is tuned to.  If you are
sitting right next to a powerful transmitter at 100 MHz, it doesn't
matter if you tune to 100 MHz or 1 MHz or 6 GHz; the RF amplifier is
affected the same way in all cases.

I tried to make this clear in this video:

http://greatscottgadgets.com/sdr/5

Mike