[Hackrf-dev] Sensitivity

Paul Jones paul at pauljones.id.au
Thu Jan 29 03:34:01 EST 2015

I originally noticed the problem when going through the SDR lessons (Great job there BTW !)
I’ve since upgraded the firmware to the latest and installed gnuradio using pybombs.
I’ve captured two screenshots from SDR# and Gqrx. I’ve adjusted the gains to get the best signal-noise ratio that I can.
I’ve moved house in the last few weeks to a much more “quiet” area with better signal strength so now I can at least tune other stations besides 96.1 and get something more than static. I think one of my previous neighbours had a switching power supply that was defective, and flooding the spectrum with harmonics.

I’m not sure if attatchments are allowed here, so here are some screenshots on flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/73008457@N00/15773951373/in/photostream/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/73008457@N00/16367983856/in/photostream/

Thanks,
Paul.