[Hackrf-dev] FW: FW: deaf HackRF

Jay Bougie jaybougie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 18:22:28 EST 2015

Concur. Have personally experienced poor performance in VMs.  HackRF would
not work at all in VMWare (HackRF not a recognized USB device it would pass
data through),  in VirtualBox w/extension pack it technically worked, but
was clearly dropping many samples. (rtl-sdr about the same, but it may have
worked with dropped samples in VMWare from what I recall.)

Best bet to quickly check out in Linux would be to run a live disk of
Pentoo. (It will even have the latest firmware if you need that.)
Believe Pentoo_amd64_hardened is most tested image, and looks like 3.7 was
recently released.