[Hackrf-dev] FW: deaf HackRF

Karl Koscher supersat at cs.washington.edu
Mon Jan 19 23:10:24 EST 2015

There are also multiple gain settings for the HackRF. I'm not sure what the
gain settings are for an RTL device, but I believe both the rtl and the
tuner have their own gain settings as well.

Keep in mind that there are engineering tradeoffs when designing any
device. The HackRF is designed to be a low-cost TX/RX SDR peripheral with a
large frequency range and high bandwidth. RTL devices are RX-only, have a
smaller frequency range, and significantly less bandwidth.