[Hackrf-dev] Getting started - overruns

Paul Connolly eeipcy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 07:48:38 EST 2015

Not sure exactly which A4 you have but picking a random AMD A4 CPU and
looking at it's performance - it is low for DSP
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?id=17 (a score of about 1300+ per
core and 3500+ overall would be good enough for most basic DSP)

So the OOOOO overruns are most probably probably due to 40MB/second
coming into your machine via USB 2.0 and there not being enough grunt to
process this amount of data before more data arrives.

You might also want to check that your HackRF is plugged into a USB 2.0
port with the "lsusb" and "lsusb -t" commands (480M) . But in your case
I would say that the problem is not enough processing power.