[Hackrf-dev] GNU Radio and HackRF and Latency

Mitja kocjančič veso266 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 08:47:46 EST 2015

Hi I am transmitting FM Modulated signal on 76 Mhz  and recieving it on my
Sangean ATS 909X

The signal is normal FM Radio signal with RDS and Stereo but for some
reason there is 1 second delay (when I change song for instance it takes 1
seconds for my Radio to notice that)

Thats strange to me because I always thought that FM Modulation happens in
real time and when you say something into microfone radio will pick
it immediately.

I know that 1 second delay happens with DAB (because you must encode audio
and then decode it) but not on FM

So could anybody be so kinf and tell me the reason why this delay happens
and how to overcome this.

Thanks for Anwsering and Best Regards