[Hackrf-dev] FM transmitter

Sukandar Kartadinata sk at glui.de
Thu Aug 20 11:51:53 EDT 2015

Hi,
having worked my way thru the first few tutorials/videos and gotten the FM receiver working, I would now like to try my first “hello world” in the opposite direction, i.e. transmit an FM signal. I’m sure I should be able to find something on the GNU Radio wiki to cobble that together, however I’d like to ask on this list about any HackRF specific details I should pay attention to.

For one thing I’m aware that transmitting in the typical FM bands is only allowed if you keep the energy low enough. In Germany, where I am, this is listed as 50nW maximum. How would I make sure that the HackRF transmits within this limit?

I also want to make 100% sure that I don’t damage the hardware. Is it sufficient to keep the RF Tx amp disabled or do I need to configure something else?

Thanks,
Sukandar