[Hackrf-dev] setting the hackrf to tx at a frequency, with a 1khz tone at 3khz deviation.

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 05:04:13 EDT 2015

On 2 August 2015 at 18:00, pete M <petem001 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I  want my hack rf to tx at a given freq, like 146.790 mhz with an modulated signal in fm, the signal would be a 1 khz sine wave, and the deviation would be 3 khz.

I think you should be able to create this with a signal source, FM
transmit block and osmocom sink.  You may need some multiply or type
conversion blocks, but I hope not.  Take a look at this example FM
transmitter for the FM transmit and hardware sink portion:
http://wiki.opendigitalradio.org/images/f/fb/FM_transmitter_FIFO.png

> any one can point me in the good direction?

I'm not sure what you have already read, so I'm sorry if you've
already een these, but I would recommend looking at these links:
http://wiki.opendigitalradio.org/Simple_FM_transmitter_using_gnuradio
https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Guided_Tutorial_Hardware_Considerations

Both have examples which are about using other hardware, but will
apply to the HackRF if you change the block to the gr-osmosdr block.
As mentioned above, I would get rid of the file source part and use a
constant signal source for your flowgraph.

> the power level must be set to prevent the hack rf to over heat.

This should not be a problem, the RF section of the HackRF has not
shown signs of overheating at maximum TX power.

Thanks,
  Dominic