[Hackrf-dev] Com/Serial Port Access to HackRF

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 04:44:13 EDT 2015

On 3 August 2015 at 03:21, Non Yeah <nonyeah at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know if HackRF has com port association and the ability to
> receive serial commands from a Windows PC? If so, what steps would you take
> to do this.

The hardware itself does not support this, I think your best chance
would be to write an application that presents a com port and controls
HackRF from it.

> When I connect the HackRF to my computer, no com port opens as I would
> expect it to. Any help would be very much appreciated.

HackRF is controlled through libhackrf, which can be used by other
software to communicate with the hardware.  You can probably find
software that does what you would like to do with HackRF without the
need for a com port.

Dominic