[Hackrf-dev] HackRF to DVB-S receiver hardware connection.

William Hill mail at wbh.org
Sun Apr 19 15:07:10 EDT 2015

On 19 Apr 2015, at 13:59, Andrew M.A. Cater <amacater at galactic.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Instead of hard wiring through - feed the hackrf through your 50db attenuator into a 50 ohm dummy load - place the receiver at the other end of the test bench - move
> rx closer until you hear a signal?

Nice idea! I’ve even got a spare GSM antenna that should be useable at about that frequency. Ok, so plan A, just rely on transmission across the bench, plan B, the same, but with the antenna, and plan C (or maybe further down the alphabet) run the risk of magic smoke with the attenuator.
Thanks.
Bill