[Hackrf-dev] HackRF to DVB-S receiver hardware connection.

William Hill mail at wbh.org
Sat Apr 18 09:58:53 EDT 2015

Hi, all this talk of blown amplifier stages is making me nervous, so a quick sanity check needed. I’m wanting to use a HackRF to generate a test signal and feed it into a DVB-S receiver. This is about 950MHz so the HackRF outputs up to 15dBm. The DVB-S unit (SatLink WS-6906) is rated -65dBm to -25dBm, and also sends out DC power for a LNB. The attenuator should block 50dB of the DC, but I’ll check with a meter. So if I feed this from the HackRF through a 50dB attenuator to the DVB-S unit is there anything obvious I’m missing before I get to the magic smoke expedited egress event?
Thanks,
Bill