[Hackrf-dev] Help with troubleshooting rx on my possible broken hackrf

Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina zerochaos at gentoo.org
Fri Apr 17 11:37:02 EDT 2015

My tx and rx amps have both been blown for I don't exactly know how
long.  Even still, I'm able to receive tons of signals with no problems,
I even used it to hack a wireless security system (no not just listening
to commercial FM and high power repeaters).

I don't think blowing the rx amp would cause it to see nothing, but it's
possible that the other gain settings are bad for lack of an rx amp.  I
almost always run gqrx with the "-r" flag which resets all settings at
startup and that leaves me with a sane and working system as I switch
hardware often.

-Zero_Chaos