[Hackrf-dev] HackRF doesn't register as USB device

Hugh Blemings hugh at blemings.org
Mon Apr 6 01:38:27 EDT 2015

Hi Eamon,

On 6/04/2015 13:28, eamon donahue wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Lately my HackRF One cannot be identified by my computer, won't pop up
> as a USB device at all. I'm not sure why this happened but it prevents
> all use, cannot even flash the firmware.
>
> I would appreciate any help you could offer.

I'm just a HackRF user myself, but suggest that in order to assist in
diagnosing what's happening with your setup the following will be
necessary to progress further;

* Please stipulate what Operating system and version you're using
(Ubuntu 14.04, MacOSX 10.7, Windows 7 etc. etc.)

* Type of computer in question (Laptop, Desktop, make/model)

* Any other pertinent details (worked prior to updating to latest OS,
was attempting a firmware update of HackRF) etc.

* System messages, where you are/aren't seeing the device info etc.
(e.g. in /var/log/messages on a Linux machine, device/control panel
under windows etc.)

Apologies for pointing out the simple stuff but I believe it will be
necessary to have this for anyone (hopefully more knowledgeable than I
:) to be able to assist!

Kind Regards,
Hugh
VK1YYZ/AD5RV