[Hackrf-dev] Sensitivity

Alexandru Csete oz9aec at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 09:01:48 EDT 2015

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 12:53 AM, Tom <vsboost at hotmail.com> wrote:
> This is indeed interesting, are you able to take some screen shots comparing
> the two..
>
> Can any other owners confirm they get similar SNR between the two.

Yes. My hackrf seems to perform at least as good, if not better, than
the rtl dongle and certainly very close to the theoretical limit. Did
you try other antennas than the one that comes with it. The antenna
could be broken too.

HackRF screenshot: http://s2.postimg.org/ypsedty49/hackrf.png
RTL screenshot: http://s13.postimg.org/z2ebqrnmf/rtlsdr.png

Both were taken with a piece of wire connected to the antenna
connector and the devices siting on my table.

Alex