[Hackrf-dev] Sensitivity

John Malsbury jmalsbury.personal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 23:16:56 EDT 2015

Sensitivity is a broad term to use here...  especially since sensitivity is
really tied to a particular waveform.

To really understand performance you must consider:

   1. Noise figure
   2. IP3
   3. out of band rejection/selectivity
   4. Dynamic Range

A highly sensitive receiver with 2-bit quantization would not be useful if
you have a strong broadband jammer and poor out of band rejection.   (ie.
one on a radio telescope for example, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_National_Radio_Quiet_Zone)

For reasonable performance in either case you'll want to consder an LNA and
filter for either HackRF or RTL SDR.  For example:
http://ava.upuaut.net/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=72_73&product_id=99

-John