[Hackrf-dev] reorganized the different install recipes on the wiki

Brian B.Riley brianbr at wulfden.org
Fri Sep 26 13:16:10 EDT 2014

Installing gnuradio on Ubuntu 14.04 with the packaging manager
sijskes edited this page 3 days ago · 1 revisionThis is far the easiest install
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gqrx/releases
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get install gqrx gnuradio gr-osmosdr hackrf
Simon, you appear to have altered the above suggestion by changing line  3  from “dist-upgrade” to “upgrade”  … so,, in line 1 I changed “releases” to ‘’snapshots” and in line 3 I changed ‘dist-upgrade” to “upgrade” … it ran …. flawless … and in far less time than it took yesterday. I am assuming it wasn’t re-manufacturing the wheel by doing every dependency over again whether it needed upgrading or not, like the "build-gnuradio” script! GQRX and GNURADIO still work, but GNURADIO is still  at 3.7.3 ... the final words of the script were that hackRF, GQRX, GR-OSMOSDR, all were as updated as could be.

I assume Alex’s (THANK YOU Alex) efforts will change that in the not too distant future, showing up first in “snapshots" and finally in "releases."

   TNX All … cheers … 73 de BBR, N1BQ