[Hackrf-dev] HackRF-dev Digest, Vol 21, Issue 30

McDonald, J Douglas jdmcdona at illinois.edu
Thu Sep 25 09:47:24 EDT 2014

I finally got it to work. This is the Ubuntu Live Gnuradio .iso on a USB key.
I got an 800 MB persistant thingie to work. This was easy.

Comments of troubles I had with the "recipe" Mr. Sanders
supplied:

Some of the "disk" locations were wrong, there is an extra "/ubuntu" in some of them.
He forget to tell me to download the actual firmware files, thus the 2014.08.01 directory
did not exist.

I could not easily copy the file he said to: "permission denied". I figured out that
"sudo" means run command as superuser, then navigated to the appropriate
directory and used it to rename the old file and copy in the new one.
The next line with udevadm also  was wrong, because the HTML email had
changed two minus signs before "reload" into one, and also the directory was wrong.

The later parts also had directories in wrong places by one level,
these were modestly easy to find.

This could have been much harder for somebody who had zero rather than
just "way too little" (like I do) Linux knowledge. I could never have guessed
what "sudo" means without prior experience.

Doug McDonald