[Hackrf-dev] Upgrading Jawbreaker Firmware

Luke Berndt lukekb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 20:35:58 EDT 2014

> On Sep 24, 2014, at 12:56 AM, Michael Ossmann <mike at ossmann.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 10:48:21PM -0400, Luke Berndt wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to upgrade the firmware on my Jawbreaker and now the
>> gnuradio graph I had running isn’t working.
>
> Could you be more specific about what is not working?  Have you tried
> multiple things?  I suggest trying hackrf_transfer and also something
> basic like WBFM RX

Sorry - I know the description was a bit useless. I actually didn’t spend too long testing because I don’t have backup dev HackRF and didn’t want to have my system down too long. I will try again tonight.

Do I need to make any changes to the gnuradio graphs I am using or are they going to be sign agnostic?

> I don't recommend downgrading firmware.

I totally voided the warranty and downgraded back to 2013 firmware. I got an error message when I tried to revert the CPLD though. So, I agree, reverting probably wasn’t a great idea…. but my gnuradio program does work again. It is entirely possible I missed a step in the firmware upgrade, but hackrf_info was reporting the newer version.

- Luke