[Hackrf-dev] firmware update

Michael Ossmann mike at ossmann.com
Wed Sep 24 19:52:48 EDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 07:41:32PM -0400, Rich S wrote:

> The easiest way, in my opinion, would be to use the software on this
> page:
>
> http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

I agree.  And I suggest using the latest Pentoo iso (RC3.5) because it
has everything you need (software and firmware binaries) in one place.
Choose one of the mirrors listed here:

http://www.pentoo.ch/download/

Select "Pentoo_amd64_hardened", and download the .iso file.  Use
unetbootin to install the iso to a USB flash drive.

Boot to the flash drive and then type hackrf_info at the command prompt.
If your HackRF is plugged in and everything is working correctly,
hackrf_info will detect the HackRF.  Then do:

hackrf_spiflash -w /usr/share/hackrf/hackrf_one_usb_rom_to_ram-2014.08.1.bin
hackrf_cpldjtag -x /usr/share/hackrf/hackrf_cpld_default-2014.08.1.xsvf

Done.

As an alternative, you could use the GNU Radio Live DVD:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/GNURadioLiveDVD

It includes the software but not the firmware binaries (which you can
get from the release package).

Mike