[Hackrf-dev] Upgrading Jawbreaker Firmware

Luke Berndt lukekb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 22:48:21 EDT 2014

I am trying to upgrade the firmware on my Jawbreaker and now the gnuradio graph I had running isn’t working. Here is what I did, are there some obvious steps I missed?
1. download the 2014.8.1 release
2. updated the firmware to the binaries in firmware-bin
3. updated the CPLD to the one in firmware-bin
4. upgraded to the latest version of gr-somosdr
5. compiled and install the latest version of lib-hackrf

Did I miss anything? I might just try downgrading to the older firmware version instead of trying to figure it out. However the release package for 2013.07.01 doesn’t look like it has a CPLD file in the firmware-bin directory. Do I have to worry about downgrading that or was all the changes to the signing done in the firmware?

Any pointers would be great!