[Hackrf-dev] SDR# Settings with HackRF

Alexandru Csete oz9aec at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 06:37:03 EDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 10:52 AM, sdfg sdfhsdfh <buggii at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> after playing with HackRF and SDR# i found those are my best settings to
> listen to FM radios: http://i.imgur.com/Mc6HDPd.jpg
>
> My little problem is that the sound/audio seems to be noisy is there
> something wrong in my config ?

Your spectrum looks extremely noisy.
Wide FM requires relatively high SNR to produce good audio, but even
if your SNR is high enough you are probably having a lots of noise
distorting the signal.

You can compare to this broadcast spectrum I captured using the HackRF
Jawbreaker about a year ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M4s73M1k4w

A few things you can try:
Reduce the gain. Move the antenna away from electrical appliances
(preferably outdoors). Use a USB cable with ferrite.

Alex