[Hackrf-dev] hackrf not showing in gnuradio-companion

Pierre Talbot pirtalbot at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 21:43:03 EDT 2014

I have installed Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, then followed the instructions in
https://github.com/mossmann/hackrf/wiki/Operating-System-Tips#installing-gnu-radio-manually,
including "Preparing Your System", "Installing using PyBOMBS" and even
tried "Installing HackRF Tools manually".  I have gone through the
troubleshooting web page.  I also installed the osmocom from PyBombs. The
installation has been done as root.

When I type hackrf_info, it shows the HW so everything look good there.

When I open gnuradio-companion, the hackrf is not shown in the block list,
neither the osmocom source. I have checked the directory
/target/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks and no xml from hackrf or osmocom.  I
tried to copy the xml taken from the Pentoo installation but it is missing
the osmosdr from the import.

I did a file search in the subdirectories of pybombs and no xml were
related to hackrf or osmocom. Should there be an xml?

Any idea what is the problem or what step I missed?

Regards,

Pierre