[Hackrf-dev] "HackRF One not found" occurs always

Mehdi Asgari mehdi.qbic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 10:29:41 EDT 2014

Hi

Every time that I execute ‘hackrf_info’, it gives the error
“HACKRF_ERROR_NOT_FOUND (-5)” , but when I execute the command instantly
after the first one, it shows my device’s info.

Although there is no difference when I run the command via root. I’ve also
read and applied the advices in hackRF’s FAQ about this error, but again
there is no change.

How can I troubleshoot it to find the cause?

I’m using hackRF One (Board ID number 2, firmware 2014.08.1) on Ubuntu
14.04 (Overall it works fine and for the test, I managed to get a FM
station with gqrx, but it always needs me to run every command like ‘gqrx’
twice, to be able to use the hackRF)

Update: I also tested DFU boot (with the hackrf_one_usb_ram.dfu file), but
dfu-util gives me this in the end:

“Device returned transfer size 2048

DFU CRC does not match

Unsupported DFU file revision 0000"