[Hackrf-dev] operating frequency

Rich Sanders richnsanders at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 07:48:03 EDT 2014

Saying the "Ham band" is a slightly generic term, since there are several
bands throughout the spectrum.

USA Ham bands  are based on FCC 97.313.

Going strictly by the specs the HackRF will not cover four of the bands,
the 160 meter band (1.8 Mhz), the 80 meter band (3.5 Mhz), the 60 meter
band (5.3 Mhz) and the 40 meter band (7 Mhz).  I haven't checked my HackRF
to see where the "real" roll off points are, but it should start
effectively working on the 30 meter band (10.1 Mhz) and continue all they
way through 5.925 Ghz.

However, the HamItUp will allow you to shift those four bands up by 100 Mhz
so you can receive them (1.8 Mhz is now 101.8 Mhz, 3.5 Mhz is now 103.5
Mhz, etc.)  This in no way minimizes the need for an appropriate length
antenna which can be quite long.

http://www.hamqsl.com/Hambands_color.pdf