[Hackrf-dev] hackrf antenna choices

n0p [Luis Bernal] lbernal at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 02:40:57 EDT 2014

If you are only going to receive, impedance is not critical. But txing is
another story, impedances should be matched or you can blow up something.
Although the hackrf has very little power and shouldn't have any problem
dissipating reflected power from an impedance mismatch.

You should be looking for antennas tuned to the part of the spectrum you
want to work with and consider what polarization (vertical, horizontal,
RHCP/LHCP) and if you want directionality.