[Hackrf-dev] Finally I got it .... but , Oh what a ride getting there!

Rich Sanders richnsanders at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 05:52:14 EDT 2014

The build-gnuradio script is a great script, but it doesn't appear it is
going to be maintained much longer and the support moved to pybombs.

After installing pybombs  http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/pybombs/wiki
I had to re-install my libhackrf library to recognize my HackRF with the
OmsoSDR source block.

When you install pybombs, you select "recipes" you want to install, ie
gqrx, ham radio, etc, either via command line or the gui .app_store.py.  Is
it perfect?  Nope, in face I've found some recipes either don't install
correctly or totally screw up my GNURadio load, a bit of patience is
required and performing backups.

It is important to run the build_env script after installing new recipes
and copying the info from the target file to your .bashrc file.

I'm not sure if pybombs takes care of permission issues, I altered my rules
several times before realizing my libhackrf library was messed up.

Rich