[Hackrf-dev] Low signal on my HackRF One with ANT500

Matt Turner mattturner86+hackrf at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 07:00:44 EDT 2014

Hi,

I've fired up my new HackRF One with Pentoo Linux but am struggling to get
good results using the FM radio example on the getting started page.

I'm not able to receive any of the local FM radio stations that I normally
listen to, when I tune to them I just hear static. I have an old Nokia N900
with an FM transmitter that I've fired up on 95.0MHz. I'm able to receive
the transmission from that but the sound output from my speakers sounds
like a typical very bad FM reception.

A little battery FM radio I have tunes into it perfectly.

A picture of the FFT Plot from the example FM radio file is here:
http://imgur.com/Da4TMFv I've not made any changes except for clicking the
'Average' checkbox on the FFT trace options. The HackRF One is sat right
next to my FM radio transmitter.

I get the same effect on two computers - a laptop and a desktop, both using
Pentoo Linux from a USB stick.

Where should I go from here to try and work out what's happening?

Thanks,

Matt