[Hackrf-dev] foldover

Michael Ossmann mike at ossmann.com
Wed Sep 3 20:22:12 EDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 07:44:48PM +0000, McDonald, J Douglas wrote:

> I tried that (PEntoo) twice, on two computers. It boots but fails when
> "startx" is tried. Are there other programs that actually DO
> "just work"?

Please reply to all.  You'll get better help if you stay on-list.

There is a known bug with certain video cards that you're probably
running into.  Fortunately a new Pentoo iso is going to be released
within the next few days that should fix that problems.

In the meantime, I suggest trying the latest test release of the GNU
Radio Live DVD:

http://downloads.gnuradio.org/releases/gnuradio/iso/gnuradio-test.iso

This URL will probably only be good for about a day.  It is a test
version.  A new release of the iso is planned to be done before the GNU
Radio conference in a couple weeks.  I've verified the HackRF
functionality in this test version.

Mike