[Hackrf-dev] HackRF installed under WIn7 but "busy"for SDR#. (sdfg sdfhsdfh)

Ben Z en de rest hoofdeigenwijs at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 02:12:07 EDT 2014

Hi,

I noticed the same behaviour at my I7 / win 7 combination. I did find out
that frontside ports (50 cm wire to the motherboard) did not work and USB
on the backside (mounted at the motherboard) did work.

I made an USB cable with voltmeter connector and I noticed with HackRF
connected the front ports drop to about 4.4 Volt but the backside ports are
4,8 Volt.

I did not measure the current the HackRF draws but for the raspberry Pi I
did some research to find out that the SMD self resetting fuses for the USB
power do drop about 0,5 Volt at 0,4 Ampere current.

If all fails, try a powered USB hub at first I would say.

Kind regards,

Ben