[Hackrf-dev] Run out of options to get HackRF One working :(

ccrypti at nym.hush.com ccrypti at nym.hush.com
Thu Oct 30 18:12:53 EDT 2014

On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 23:04:56 +0100 "Rick Zero_Chaos Farina"
<zerochaos at gentoo.org> wrote:
>On 10/30/2014 02:54 PM, ccrypti at nym.hush.com wrote:
>> Hi Simon / All,
>>
>> With the antenna using the rtl usb stick i can receive FM fine.
>> thought the ANT500 is better than the standard antenna which
>comes
>> with most of those usb dongles ? I tested the continuity of the
>> ANT500 which is good. Shield and antenna have none, but the
>inner
>> pin and antenna have continuity.
>>
>> Also i just installed the 2.3 beta which now displays the hackrf
>
>> one as an option. But still no go on the usual FM frequencies,
>just
>> noise or silence when selecting a peak.
>>
>> I bought also a few other antennas for specific ranges like 2.4
>> Ghz. How can i use the 2.4 Ghz antenna to determine if the
>hackrf
>> works ? I mean i can connect it and go to 2.4 Ghz, but what is a
>
>> typical sound or view to know it is working as it should ?
>
>Be aware, the HackRF has an SMA antenna port, and most 2.4GHz
>antennas
>are for wifi which uses an RP-SMA jack.  This means that the two
>will
>actually fit perfectly together, except for the fact that there is
>no
>electrical connection at all.  Be certain your 2.4GHz is SMA and

True, that's why the place where i bought it specifically made it
clear it is suitable for the hackrf one.

Do you have by chance some audio file or graph which i can use to
compare to the output i should get when i test with the 2.4 Ghz
antenna ? Or any one ?

Thanks !