[Hackrf-dev] HackRF + TSA

Karl Koscher supersat at cs.washington.edu
Sun Oct 19 21:13:21 EDT 2014

Generally RF products aren't allowed to be used on flights, probably over
concerns that the signal from the local oscillator may cause harmful
interference. I believe the concern is greater the closer you get to air
bands, such as those used for navigation (108 - 118 MHz), communication
(118-138 MHz), ADSB (1090 MHz), and GPS (1575.42, 1227.60, 1176.45 MHz).