[Hackrf-dev] Upgrading Jawbreaker Firmware

Michael Ossmann mike at ossmann.com
Wed Oct 1 04:05:37 EDT 2014

On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 07:58:50AM -0400, Luke Berndt wrote:

> I am not sure what would cause the offset to change, but reverting the
> firmware would revert the frequency offset.

Nice find!  That is probably due to an adjustment of the
(firmware-controlled) load capacitance for the main crystal oscillator.
I made an adjustment at some point based on the behavior of the
production HackRF One PCBs.  The ideal load capacitance for Jawbreaker
is probably different than it is for HackRF One (and may vary from board
to board to a lesser degree) but should be close enough as long as you
allow for a slight offset.

Mike