[Hackrf-dev] HackRF problems

Karl Koscher supersat at cs.washington.edu
Thu Nov 27 17:57:51 EST 2014

It should be noted that the apparent intention of the device (even
reflected by its name, HackRF) is to give people a relatively low-cost way
to experiment (tx and rx) with high-bandwidth RF over a large frequency
range. It is not intended to be the SDR peripheral for the best specs out
there. If it is somehow deficit for your application, all of the hardware
and software is open source and documented, so you are free to modify it
for your own purposes. I suspect adding some additional RF shielding will
help receiving signals, but it wasn't necessary to achieve the goals of the
device.

Now, if there are bugs or design flaws, they should be addressed to the
extent that they can.