[Hackrf-dev] HackRF hardware problems

Stefan Wagener wageners at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 11:53:38 EST 2014

Thanks Doug for your opinion.

Now, it would be nice to get a better understanding of your environment and
the setup you are using. Labelling the unit as an "expensive joke" is
certainly your personal opinion and not shared by me. I do not see these
spikes and have very good sensitivity in comparison to a FCD+, RTL-Dongle
and conventional radio (IC-9100), however my setup and environment is
probably totally different. If there are problems with the unit, and I say
again "If" ,we need to find out if it is a quality control problem, a
design problem, a user problem etc. Defining a standard set of tests with
similar or equal additional hardware (e.g. antenna) etc would go a long way
of helping everyone.

My 2 cents,

Stefan, VE4NSA

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 10:46 AM, McDonald, J Douglas <jdmcdona at illinois.edu