[Hackrf-dev] LTE Cell Scanner support bladeRF now (Vritual machine test results also attached).

Jiao Xianjun putaoshu at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 20:38:43 EDT 2014

Hi,

After LTE-Cell-Scanner <https://github.com/JiaoXianjun/LTE-Cell-Scanner>
supports rtlsdr hackRF, now it supports bladeRF
<http://sdr-x.github.io/LTE-Cell-Scanner%20supports%20bladeRF%20now%20%28LTE%E5%B0%8F%E5%8C%BA%E6%90%9C%E7%B4%A2%E7%A8%8B%E5%BA%8F%E6%96%B0%E5%A2%9EbladeRF%E7%A1%AC%E4%BB%B6%E6%94%AF%E6%8C%81%29/>
!

Here is part of README:

An OpenCL accelerated TDD/FDD LTE Scanner (from rtlsdr/hackRF/bladeRF A/D
samples to PDSCH output and RRC SIB messages decoded). By Jiao Xianjun (
putaoshu at gmail.com). Tech blog: http://sdr-x.github.io
------------------------------
New features, make and Usages

*0x00. basic method to build program*

        mkdir build
        cd build
        cmake ../
        make

CellSearch and LTE-Tracker program will be generated in build/src. Use
"--help" when invoke program to see all options

*0x01. cmake to build for different hadware*

        cmake ../ -DUSE_BLADERF=1   -- build for bladeRF
        cmake ../ -DUSE_HACKRF=1    -- build for hackRF
        cmake ../                   -- default for rtlsdr

See complete README here: https://github.com/JiaoXianjun/LTE-Cell-Scanner

See video outside China: http://youtu.be/rg6ENh-tbJY

See video in China: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_204158978.html

I also test some cases to see if rtlsdr hackRF and bladeRF can work in
virtual machine smoothly.

rtlsdr dongle and bladeRF work well in virtual machine for this LTE Cell
Scanner <https://github.com/JiaoXianjun/LTE-Cell-Scanner>, while
hackrf_info always reports:

Found HackRF board.
hackrf_board_id_read() failed: HACKRF_ERROR_LIBUSB (-1000)

Since rtlsdr and bladeRF work in virtual machina, there is a hope for
hackrf to work also? Any ideas or suggestions?

My configuration:

host OS: Win7

guest OS: Ubuntu14 (LTS)

virtual machine: VMware 10.0.4

mainboard: ASUS P9X79 PRO -LGA 2011/Intel X79 /ATX

CPU: i7 3930K -3.2GHz/LGA 2011/12M 120W

memory: Kingston HyperX 16G(4GBx4) DDR3 1600 KHX1600C9D3K4/16GX

graphic: GTX550TI 950MHz/4100MHz 1GB/192BIT DDR5 PCI-E

Hope above is useful for someone.

BR