[Hackrf-dev] How to correlate received RF-Signal with reception time (GPS based) in a deterministic way for further processing of both information?

Michael Ossmann mike at ossmann.com
Tue May 20 11:29:46 EDT 2014

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 08:09:22PM +0200, Andreas Hornig wrote:

> So, how could it be possible to correlate the received RF-Signal with
> reception time (GPS based) in a deterministic way for further
> processing of both information?

Please see: https://github.com/mossmann/hackrf/issues/85

This is a firmware enhancement we would like to have.  The best way to
implement PPS input would probably be by using a timer on the LPC4320.

> What would be perfect is to have two parallel processes, one for the
> rf reception and one for the sub second counting and time marking or
> the rf stream. I am not sure if the CLPD onboard of hackrf could do
> this.

I don't think the CPLD would be useful for this.  A timer on the LPC4320
would run in parallel to the CPU.

Mike