[Hackrf-dev] Getting started - overruns

John Overbaugh joatgm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 15:40:27 EST 2014

I'm running my HackRF One against a Linux Mint desktop machine with an AMD
A4 chip and 8 GB RAM, yet for the life of me using Michael's getting
started video I cannot sample FM radio. At the sample rate in the video, I
get no sound and my "buffer" is full of OOOOOO's. I added a slider to
control the samp_rate, and as I reduced it I started to get a click and a
pop for the sample rate, but I cannot get it to the point where I'm getting
a legible audio sound.

I've watched the video 2-3 times and I swear everything (except the
samp_rate slider) is exactly as Michael specifies. Can it at all be
possible that a quad AMD with 8 GB RAM is incapable of the sample rates
needed? Is there a way to launch gnuradio-companion with more memory (a la
-Xmx2024M or such)? Is there any obvious thing I may have overlooked?