[Hackrf-dev] Enabling hackrf antenna port "phantom" power (In gnuradio/gqrx)

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 06:50:20 EST 2014

On 18 December 2014 at 01:21, Brad Hein <k1gto at comcast.net> wrote:

> From what I can tell, at this time, hackrf only supports enabling the
> antenna power using the hackrf_transfer utilities. Does the library support
> an option (hackrf=0,antenna_power=0 for example?)

libhackrf supports a call to hackrf_set_antenna_enable(), which is how
hackrf_transfer toggles the power.

Options such as "hackrf=0" are part of the way that gr-osmmsdr
configures devices, so the change would need to take place there.

If you look at http://git.osmocom.org/gr-osmosdr/tree/lib/hackrf/hackrf_sink_c.cc#n172,
you can see how gr-osmosdr retrieves settings from the option string.
Enabling port power would then need to take place after libhackrf has
been initialised; somewhere around
http://git.osmocom.org/gr-osmosdr/tree/lib/hackrf/hackrf_sink_c.cc#n213

> If so this should make it easy to enable it from a number of utilities
> such as gnuradio and Gqrx for example.

Yes, adding support to gr-osmosdr would enable support for all tools
that use it to communicate with HackRF.