[Hackrf-dev] release 2014.08.1

Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina zerochaos at gentoo.org
Fri Aug 29 11:41:29 EDT 2014

On 08/29/2014 10:22 AM, Casey Crane wrote:
> Any possibility of helping out a Linux moron (me) with upgrading to the
As said by many others before me, please keep messages on list.  Others
may have the same question and this documents the discussion and solutions.

> latest firmware. Or via PC if possible? I really don't know where to start.

The firmware upgrade guides are available and pretty well written:
https://github.com/mossmann/hackrf/wiki/Updating-Firmware

This goes for everyone, if you are a complete linux noob and
uncomfortable with doing this upgrade, I'll have a new pentoo livedvd
out in a few days that will make following these directions much easier.
 Everything needed to update (and recover if needed) your hackrf will be
in the iso.  Gnuradio is tagging a new release today, I'm testing and
building a new livedvd over the weekend.

Thanks,
Zero_Chaos