[Hackrf-dev] PPM Adjustment

Simon Brown simon at sdr-radio.com
Sun Aug 17 11:59:07 EDT 2014

Excellent, thanks.

Simon Brown G4ELI
http://v2.sdr-radio.com

From: Jay Bougie [mailto:jaybougie at gmail.com]
Sent: 17 August 2014 14:35
To: Simon Brown
Cc: hackrf-dev at greatscottgadgets.com
Subject: Re: [Hackrf-dev] PPM Adjustment

You may want to check out this older thread: http://nine.pairlist.net/pipermail/hackrf-dev/2013-August/000203.html

Kalibrate is mentioned,  but  it is pointed out the offset isn't consistent like rtl-sdr,  so a single ppm value like rtl-sdr cannot be used. (I am not sure if this is still the case.)

Providing an IF adjusts in UI is also mentioned. (But I don't recall how that factored in.) Since you work closely on the UI side you may be able to provide that,  if it is still the current right answer.

With the IF adjustment method it leaves me wondering if an external reference was provided,  would the HackRF still have the issue...... But I'm wondering these things based on months old threads. I haven't tracked updates to github to see what may have been since addressed.

Jay

Hi,

Is there any way to calibrate the hackRF to get the frequency spot-on? Register changes maybe? Users are complaining…

Simon Brown G4ELI
http://v2.sdr-radio.com