[Hackrf-dev] What's the data format of hackrf_transfer->buffer when I call hackrf_start_rx?

Jiao Xianjun putaoshu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 21:59:31 EDT 2014

Hi there,

I am working on adding hackrf support to a LTE scanner:

https://github.com/JiaoXianjun/LTE-Cell-Scanner

Now the callback function of hackrf_start_rx is under debugging. See:

capbuf_hackrf_callback() in src/capbuf.cpp

One question is that what's the format of data received by transfer->buffer?

Simply I&Q interleaved? 8bit for each I or Q sample? Signed or unsinged?

Under above assumption, I checked raw data received by transfer->buffer and
found that I channel are always around 252 or 253 and Q channel are always
around 2 or 3 when there is no signal (or signal is pretty weak). Is this
normal?

Thanks a lot!

BR

Jiao Xianjun(Ryan)