[Hackrf-dev] Harm done while "Setting it Free" ?

Michael Ossmann mike at ossmann.com
Thu Jun 27 02:07:11 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 01:30:47AM -0400, Jay Bougie wrote:

> Did I misinterpret removing a trace as removing a solder bridge on

> R44. (I scraped away solder on R44.) Was the trace going into R44

> supposed to be sliced somehow?

It looks like you removed the solder without cutting the trace. I
started to update the wiki, but Jared beat me to it:

https://github.com/mossmann/hackrf/wiki/Jawbreaker#set-your-jawbreaker-free

The best way to be certain you've finished the job is to use a
continuity tester to verify that there is no conductivity across R44
(end to end).