[Hackrf-dev] Hi & 1st stupid question... :)

Adam Laurie adam at aperturelabs.com
Mon Jun 17 16:49:08 EDT 2013

On 17/06/13 20:56, Brandon Creighton wrote:

> I'm not sure it's a GCC issue. In GR 3.7.0, both the names of the

> header files and the names of many GR types have changed.

> Additionally, the names of some packages (gnuradio-core) and the cmake

> scripts/pkg-config spec files that GR installs to locate itself have

> changed.

> If you've got GR 3.6 installed, try the gr3.6 branch of gr-osmosdr.

> If 3.7, then current should work.

> If you've recently installed 3.7 on top of an existing 3.6 (or

> earlier) installation, the above changes could cause some ugly

> problems. Something's #including <math.h> in order to get some

> standard C math functions (acos, sin, etc.); but the compilation chain

> is finding <gnuradio/math.h> instead.

> See if this fixes the problem:

> 1) first, ensure you've got the correct versions of both GR and

> gr-osmosdr checked out;

> 2) then, remove all trace of any existing GR installation from

> your system. This includes the header files, libraries, cmake data,

> pkg-config .pc files, and anything else. (On my system, this

> basically amounts to doing a find(1) in /usr/local and deleting

> everything with 'gnuradio' or 'gruel' in the name, but it's probably

> wise to look at what that includes before doing a blind rm.)

> 3) Reinstall GR. (You probably don't have to rebuild it.)

> 4) Try again.

> Hope this helps,

Hi,

Thanks for the reply... Yes, that looks promising - doing a find gets me
*all kinds* of mixed up versions!

So what's the recommendation after tidy up? 3.6 or 3.7?

cheers,
Adam
--
Adam Laurie Tel: +44 (0) 20 7993 2690
Aperture Labs Ltd. Fax: +44 (0) 20 8972 9377
Surrey mailto:adam at aperturelabs.com
KT6 4JX http://aperturelabs.com
UNITED KINGDOM