[Hackrf-dev] Success report (UK)

Hacker Fantastic hackerfantastic at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 18 05:05:53 EDT 2013

Hi list,
Just a quick email to inform of another success report - the
Jawbreaker worked with gr-osmosdr and GNU/Radio 3.6.4 as a source and
sink block after the firmware flash. Used ArchLinux as a base and the
Michael's git repository without any problems. I have had problems with
3.7 GNU/Radio and other devices so cannot comment on compatibility with
newer releases. I did the antenna trace cut modification and tested
with a whip antenna on 2m(145Mhz) and 70cm(430Mhz) using some simple GRC
diagrams & also with the osmocom_fft and osmocom_siggen. Functioned as
expected, had a reasonable range across the room as I was able to detect
the transmission with a handheld and USRP. I have noticed on the
schematics and board there is a CLKIN / CLKOUT and was wondering about
using an external clock source such as clock tamer or GPSDO type module?
Would be very very cool to have Raspberry PI + Jawbreaker + Clock tamer
as a low-cost functioning OpenBTS - I think only transciever would need
modifying in OpenBTS to support it. So finally a huge thank you to
Michael and all the people who made this possible!

Kind Regards,
Matthew