[Hackrf-dev] Cell Extender Concept?

Russell Hande zefie at persona.cc
Wed Jul 3 02:14:24 EDT 2013

I am kicking around the idea of perhaps trying to make a cellular
network extender (right now VZW LTE would be the target). I'm not sure
if it is even possible.

Concept 1 would use an RTL Dongle to receive, and the HackRF to
transmit. Problem is, LTE is about 9MHZ wide here, so I doubt RTL can
help with its 2MSPS sampling rate.

Concept 2 would use the HackRF for both, but switch between RX and TX
extremely fast. How fast can we switch back and forth?

It probably isn't possible without two HackRFs, but just kicking the
idea around.