[Hackrf-dev] Replay attacks?

Michael Ossmann mike at ossmann.com
Tue Jul 2 10:02:31 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 09:31:48AM +0100, Adam Laurie wrote:

> On 02/07/13 02:34, Scott Jordan wrote:

> > Has anyone found a good way to capture a signal from something then

> > replay it later?

> hackrf_transfer?

Theoretically hackrf_transfer would be fine, but I ran into a problem
while playing with a toy recently:

http://ossmann.blogspot.com/2013/06/hackrf-lego-car.html

I captured a waveform with hackrf_transfer, replayed it with
hackrf_transfer, and the car did not respond. Then I replayed the same
captured waveform with a small flowgraph in gnuradio-companion, and the
car moved. I haven't gone back to figure out why it didn't work when
using hackrf_transfer for TX.