[CMCEmail] New CMC Outing Added!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Mon Feb 3 15:09:43 EST 2020

CMC Members-

The following outing has just been added to the schedule:
Note:  for the complete outings schedule, visit our website (
<http://californiamountaineer.net/> http://californiamountaineer.net/)

May 17th - May 20th                Sunday - Wednesday             Death
Hollow Backpack

Death Hollow is a drainage of the Escalante River near the town of Boulder
Utah. This is a hike through some spectacular canyon country environments.
Unlike most desert hikes, this one will feature a year-round stream for most
of its extent. In fact, the majority of the hike will be in the streambed.
It is nontechnical but it does require a certain amount of swimming
(depending on stream conditions) and exposure to moderately chilly water for
extended periods of time. No particular technical skills are required to
participate in this trip, but participants should be aware that this will be
fairly strenuous and unrelenting for a few days. I have tentatively
scheduled the trip for four days but there are options for making it a bit
longer or shorter depending on the desires of the participants.

I have never done this particular hike, but I am pretty familiar with the
area and I can guarantee that the scenery will be spectacular. If the
weather does not cooperate, there are plenty of other options in the area
that will make the drive worthwhile.

If interested contact Tim Hoover: frisbeedog02 at yahoo.com
<mailto:frisbeedog02 at yahoo.com>

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Tim Hoover