[CMCEmail] CMC Outings This Weekend!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Mon Mar 4 14:05:21 EST 2019

CMC Members,

Two CMC Outings this weekend!  Contact the trip leaders for additional
information.

March 9th                               Saturday                   Glacier
Travel/Snow Skills Practice

Join me for a fun day on the snow practicing glacier travel skills. We will
practice snow anchors, "Z" and "C" crevasse rescue systems, roped team
travel, and fixed line travel.  The practice day will be held on the north
side of San Gorgonio Mountain, near the Southfork Trailhead.  If interested,
email Joe at  <mailto:joewhite328 at gmail.com> joewhite328 at gmail.com.

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Joe White

March 10th                          Sunday                       Winter Hike
of San Gorgonio Mountain

After Joe White's Glacier Travel/Snow Skills Practice, we will take what we
learned and put it to use. We will attempt snowshoeing to the top of the
tallest peak in Southern California. We will probably take Vivian Creek
Trail, although I am open to alternate suggestions. Snow levels will be much
higher this year, so be prepared for early and deep snow. In addition to
snowshoes, ice ax, crampons, trekking poles, gaiters and of course warm/dry
gear will be needed. Be prepared for 16 mile round trip with 5,500 ft of
gain. I am open to co-leading.  Email Sean for additional information at:
<mailto:jgrisbach at gmail.com> c <mailto:asserly79 at gmail.com>
asserly79 at gmail.com

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Sean Casserly